Crain RV Tips and Tricks
Your Official Newmar, Tiffin, Jayco and Airstream Dealer in Arkansas
Smart tips and tricks for RVers!
- Use a dry food container as a wastebasket. Example> A LARGE PLASTIC TEA PITCHER.
- At a campsite? Tie a bar of soap to the spicot with pantyhose for easy hand washing.
- Make your own waste tank cleaner. Mix together a cup of Borax detergent and 1/2 cup of Calgon Water Softener.
- Use badge holder clips to hang string lights from your awning.
- Use a towel rod to hold your bath products in place. Mount the towel bar about 2 inches above your counter long ways and place your personal items inside and they won’t fall over while on the road.
- Square containers save more space than round ones.
- Mount your electrical adapters to keep them neat and tidy.
- Wipe everything down with Pine-Sol to keep flies away.
- Insulate your camper windows during the cold winter months with bubble wrap.
- A bar of Irish Spring soap will keep mice out of your vehicle.
- Line every shelf and drawer with non-slip liners.
- Add glow-in-the-dark tape to each side of your stairs on the outside of your RV so you can see them at night.
- Save all the free condiments you can. Not only are they free, but they take up a lot less space than their full-sized counterparts.
- Keep wasps away with cut up flea collars. Wasps are attracted to the smell and taste of propane. To repel them, cut a flea collar in half and place in your RV compartments.
- Slit foam swim noodles lengthwise and slip over each awning strut. No more bonked heads!
- A suspension rod in the shower lets you hang clothes while they’re still damp.
- A little spray paint will help those sun-faded plastic parts on your RV look like new again.
- This tip is great for road trips of all kinds: Use shower caddies with suction cups. Attach the Shower caddie to the inside off the window to hold kid activities, kitchen seasonings, TV remote or any other miscellaneous items.